For some reason the nausea has gotten worse lately. Like many of my patients, I have it worse in the evening. Now I can have only tiny amounts of food at a time. I call it the parasite diet. This is seriously the amount I have been known to eat at a time:
This was a minuscule slice of an almond meal crust pizza.
So far, what have I tried?
- Ginger tea- somewhat helpful. Not always, but definitely a noticeable difference sometimes.
- Ginger ale- the kind with the little ginger bits and low sugar content. Not so helpful.
- Ginger capsules- not so helpful. Taking a pill when I already don’t feel well doesn’t seem to help me.
- Doxylamine (Unisom SleepTabs)- somewhat helpful, but makes me sleepy.*
- Vitamin B6- alone without the doxylamine, not so helpful.
- Gum- somewhat helpful. Got the Glee brand sweetened with just xylitol.
Next up, gonna try Sea-Bands and see how that goes. Can’t wait till I can eat normally again. I’m probably going to gorge myself on a bunch of non-Paleo food.
*I should mention that despite making me sleepy, I’m not so sure about the quality of my sleep. One night when I took doxylamine before bedtime, I went to bed with one earplug in each ear, and woke up to find two earplugs in one ear. And no recollection of it!